Competition Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to all UK residents aged between 4 and 16 year olds in the UK.
- The closing date of the competition is DATE.
- There will be 3 age categories within the competition: 4 to 7 years old, 8 to 11 years old, and 12 to 16 years old. Entrants will be entered into the age category they fall into at point of entry not at close of competition on CLOSING DATE, or at the point of judging.
- All entries must be original and the entrants' own work.
- Entrants can enter by downloading and completing the standard application form available atwww.crackingideas.com/competition or hard copies are available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org or from the freepost address at: Freepost CF 4185 Newport NP20 1ZZ. Entries can be submitted online.
- Entrants should include confirmation of parent's or guardian's permission to enter the competition if under 13 years old at time of entry.
- Entry to this competition is not open to children of employees or contractors of the Intellectual Property Office or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation or running of the competition, or their direct family members. This does not prohibit children from entering via their schools or groups.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is midnight on CLOSING DATE. Entries received after this date will not be eligible.
- Regional winners will be selected from each of the 4 regions for (1 from each age category: 12 regional winners in total.)
- Regional winners will be notified via their contact details submitted. Regions are defined as: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Regional winners will be invited to attend an award ceremony at a location deemed suitable (venue TBA)
- At the National stage, the overall winner from each age group will be selected from the four regional winners for each age category by a panel of independent judges, resulting in 3 national winners in total. They will select the Cracking Ideas entry thought to be the most innovative.
- There is no cash alternative and the prizes must be taken as offered. The Intellectual Property Office reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should the prizes become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able (for whatever reason) to accept their prize, the Intellectual Property Office reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
- Any personal information collected by the Intellectual Property Office during the course of the competition will only be used for administering this competition.
- Copyright in all entries becomes the property of the Intellectual Property Office and the office reserves the right to reproduce the entries for whatever reason and in any medium at its discretion.
- In submitting an entry, each entrant warrants that he/she is the owner of the idea. However, a specific idea/invention/innovation/ product or knowledge cannot be protected as Intellectual Property after it has been submitted as an official entry, and will thereafter be classified as public knowledge.
- On entering into the competition, you agree to be involved in media activity regarding the competition. The Intellectual Property Office will contact you in advance to seek your permission if any media interviews are requested.
- The Intellectual Property Office reserves the right to use entry ideas in any manner (including with or without attribution) within future Intellectual Property Office and/or competition partners’ communications. The entries may also be used for press and media purposes.
- No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed, damaged, or mislaid, however this may have occurred.
- Entries will not be returned. Entries may be requested to be photographed and these photos will become the property of the Intellectual Property Office.
- The judges' decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to this decision.
- Promoter and Data Controller: Intellectual Property Office.
Wallace and Gromit
Learn with – and from – everyone’s favourite inventors!
Nancy and the Meerkats
Tune in for Nancy’s latest adventures as she battles her way to be Top of the Pups!