This privacy statement, covers any personal data collected when you use this website.
This website is operated by the Intellectual Property Office IPO). The IPO is a data controller which means that we retain control over all of the personal data that is collected on this website. No personal data collected through this website will be released to anyone without prior consent. In other words, no information is released to anyone unless you have given permission first.
The IPO does not attempt to collect personal data from children. If children do send personal data to IPO, such as sending emails etc, the information is deleted but please do note that IPO cannot always determine that a user is a child.
Personal data that may be collected
The IPO may collect the following personal data from you during your visit to the website:
- personal data that you provide by filling in forms on this website, including personal data provided at the time of registering: first name, last name, email address, country, avatar, about.
- personal data you provide when reporting a problem with this website or requesting technical support;
- personal data you provide if you contact the IPO for any other reason;
- details of your visits to this website including traffic data, location data, and other communications data and the resources that you access;
- information about your browser version, operating system and screen resolution.
When you visit the Site we may store some information (commonly known as a "cookie") on your computer. A cookie is a piece of information, like a tag, that's stored on your device, when you visit a website.
It can help identify your device – like your PC or mobile phone and is designed to give a better experience whenever you visit that website. Passwords and credit card numbers are not stored in cookies.
- To allow you to set personal preferences
- To protect your security
- To measure and improve our services
You can block or erase cookies from your computer if you want to (please refer to your browsers help screen).
- To track how the Site is used and to improve and update content
- So that you will not have to re-enter your details each time you visit the Site
- For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to restrict or disable cookies, see the IAB website at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Where your personal data is stored
All personal data you provide is stored on secure servers.
Where you are given or you choose a password for access to certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping it confidential. You must not share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. The IPO cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website. For that reason, any transmission is at your own risk. It is recommended that you use anti-virus, firewall and/or other security protections according to your own analysis of your security requirements. Once your personal data is received, strict procedures and security features are used to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How your personal data is used
The IPO may use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, products or services you request or it considers may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to encourage and allow you to participate in interactive features on its website, when you choose to do so;
- to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest contacting you by post or telephone;
- if you are an existing customer of Cracking Ideas to contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to Cracking Ideas;
- if you are a new user to contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
If you do not want to be contacted in these ways please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which your data is collected.
How your personal data may be disclosed
The IPO may disclose your personal data to any member of its group (which means its subsidiaries and ultimate holding company). If it has to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of any other agreement, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the IPO, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging personal data with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your rights (including accessing your personal data)
You have the right to ask the IPO not to process your personal data for marketing. You can exercise that right by checking certain boxes on the forms used to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
The Act gives you the right to access personal data held about you. If you want to make such a request please contact email@example.com
If you follow a link to another website, different privacy policies may apply. You should read these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites and agree that use of your personal data by those websites will be subject to those privacy policies.
Changes to this privacy statement
If this privacy statement changes the changes will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
Join our Linkedin Group
Join our LinkedIn group for teachers to share your approach to teaching IP and innovation. Discuss activities and resources and get your peers’ views on what works.
Wallace and Gromit
Learn with – and from – everyone’s favourite inventors!
Creating Movie Magic
For lots more resources from Into Film, including educational clips and fun learning tasks